We offer our staff a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. All benefits are subject to eligibility criteria. The nature and level of benefits are fully explained during the recruitment process and are detailed in the Staff Regulations, which form an integral part of the employment contract. A mid-year appraisal focuses on development, while the year-end review focuses on performance.
EIF’s salaries are designed to be competitive, to take into account the differing levels of responsibility and to motivate and encourage performance. Salaries are also adjusted annually in line with the cost of living.
A Bonus is awarded to EIF staff according to performance and to the achievement of each individual compared to their pre-agreed annual objectives. Eligible staff is highly recognised and motivated through this Bonus scheme.
- Relocation assistance
EIF provides financial and logistical assistance for eligible staff relocating to Luxembourg. This includes a relocation and resettlement assistance and an installation allowance on entry into service.
- Housing assistance
A mortgage subsidy is available for eligible staff.
- Insurance and family protection
- World-wide medical insurance coverage
- Business travel insurance and international emergency medical assistance
- In addition to public holidays, full-time employees receive 24 days annual leave. There are also extra days leave allocated according to age, country of interest, and seniority.
- EIF also has provisions for maternity, paternity, parental, adoption, and study leaves as well as leave for personal reasons.
- Staff members, who have completed the required number of years of service, may request unpaid leave either on personal or professional grounds.
- Retirement Plan
The EIF's Pension Scheme is a defined benefit Scheme funded by both the staff members and EIF. EIF offers the opportunity to contribute to an "Optional Supplementary Provident Scheme" which aims at allowing staff to build either a supplementary retirement pension or a capital sum paid out under certain conditions when leaving the EIB Group.